How we “new and improved” One Hundred Tables
This is Part 6 of 6. You made it! See the story from the beginning here.
Several years into it we decided it was time to to a 100% redesign to onehundredtables.com using everything we learned from running the site worldwide to date.
Just as in the beginning when all we had was a sketch of the idea, we approached the redesign with the same method only this time we had some real data points from actually running the site that we could look at.
We created a new Design Brief for the new site. This was the cover of the brief :
There were three components to pulling the new site together
- Creative Art Direction
- html Slicing
- Backend Python Coding
How to develop a site anywhere from anywhere
Even though One Hundred Tables was based in Atlanta, we did the new Creative with an amazing design in Argentina, the html slicing in Bulgaria with a great team, and we did the coding in Colombia with the team that did our App.
Beyond the artistic redesign/update of the site, here are three key things on the new site that we changed based on what we’ve learned running the platform.
1. City Page:
Each city was a 10 x 10 matrix of 100 restaurants. The new site saw that style matrix go away and instead there was a redesigned matrix of 5 across by 20 down where each spot was much bigger and easier to see who it is.
Also, instead of first come, first choice around which spot a restaurant can take, each city was now able to be organized by the viewer however they wanted either by: